Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blind Optimism

Last Tuesday, I was walking to work, and I passed a seeing-impaired woman I would presume to be nice, because I'm just that optimistic. This started to get me thinking & brought me to the odd-servation about what optimism is. Is it believing the rainy forecast tomorrow is wrong? Or is it taking your shoes off and stomping around in the puddles, enjoying them for what they are?
Nope, I figured out at the end of my walk that it's not any of that stuff. If you do 1 thing today, write this down: Optimism is walking through a park or down a city side walk, seeing (or maybe even stepping in) dog poop, and not wanting to slap the dog owner on each cheek. An optimist would keep walking and imagine that woman with her seeing eye dog. Clearly she can't pick up after the dog, and the dog is talented, but not that talented. I'm not an optimist any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment