Friday, April 10, 2009

Budweiser, You've Got Competition

Two weeks ago, I was in Surfer's Paradise, a trashy beach town in Queensland. While walking back to my hotel, I passed a local spirits dealer and spotted this sign for South Pacific beer. It was news to me that Papua New Guinea had a favorite brew. I immediately felt the urge to share this, just in case it ever comes up in your local pub trivia.
Thinking more into this, and most likely over thinking this, many people still do not wear clothing in Papua New Guinea. At least that is according to the latest retail clothing industry reports, which forecast the island as a emerging market in 2025. With this in mind, do you think people there still put koozies on their beers, because it is quite hot there, and the beverages will not stay cold for long. If this is indeed the case, the beer strangely enough has more conservative garb than the individual holding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment